Who doesn’t love a good açaí bowl, am I right?
The only thing I don’t like about açaí bowls are how much they cost and how much sugar is added. So I decided to give making my own açaí recipe a shot.
When I was in Trader Joe’s the other day I came across Unsweetened Organic Açaí Puree Packets and I figured it was fate. lol
And OBVIOUSLY I have to share this recipe with you!
The best part about this recipe is the little tip I picked up from my friend Izzy. She was making me an açaí bowl and pulled out Vega Vanilla Protein Powder. And all I could think was “HOW GENIUS IS THAT?!” Protein powder in an açaí bowl… It just makes sense!
- 1 Açaí Puree packet
- 1 scoop of Vega Protein
- 1 cup of Almond or Coconut Milk
- Fresh fruit
- Chia Seeds
- Granola (I LOVE using the Peanut Butter Protein Granola from Trader Joe’s)
- Roasted Cacao Nibs
- Blend açaí, protein powder, and almond/coconut milk into a smoothie-like consistency
- Pour açaí blend into a bowl
- Top with fruit, seeds, granola, and cacao nibs
See. I told you it was stupid simple.
As always, my recipes are always up for interpretation. Feel free to try out your own combinations of fruit or other toppings. And definitely tag me in any of the variations you happen to post on instagram! I’d love to see them.