SOOOOOOO. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
You may be wondering where the heck I’ve been lately, huh?
Maybe you were hoping for another gift guide or some cute christmas recipe?
I hate to disappoint, but I was taking a much needed break from the internet. (Other than my instagram, I can never let that go)
I wanted to spend the Christmas season being present with my family. I’ve also gotten extremely serious about my health and fitness in the past couple of months so I haven been cooking a lot and learning a ton.
BUT. I’M BACK! And let me tell you, I have the BEST feeling about 2017. I can just tell that goals are going to be met and dreams are going to be realized and I am so so excited.
Keeping with tradition however I just want to go over the amazingness that took place last year. Yes, a lot of heartache and hard times were endured, but a lot of incredible things did happen.
Looking Back on 2016
- blog was read in over 100 countries
- pierced my ear 7 times in one day
- went to vegas and had a movie moment with a stranger
- went to my first MMA fight
- dyed my hair white
- graduated with a bachelors degree in Journalism
- moved back to Chicago
- saw The 1975 live
- made incredible new friends
- got another tattoo
- lived in Australia for a month
- shot a short film in the National Royal Park
- celebrated my golden birthday
- tried vegemite
- scuba dove for the first time at the Great Barrier Reef
- watched whales from a catamaran
- went to a Sox game
- dyed my hair again
- won a ticket to Bloguette’s Branding Workshop
- witnessed the Cubs win the world series
- re-realized my biggest dreams
- became a vegan again
- made a plan to attain the life I’ve always wanted
- decided to go back to school for web development
- took back my health
- spent Christmas with family I haven’t seen in 5 years
- celebrated New Year’s in Chicago with my best friend
As I’ve mentioned before I don’t believe in resolutions. I believe in new year to-do lists. And a few things on my list this year include:
Feel what it’s like not to quit
Thrive in my singleness
Return to my acting studio
Start boxing regularly again
Like I said, I have a detailed plan to check off every single one of my to-do list items. I can honestly say I’ve never felt so motivated before. It’s an incredible feeling!!
I’m going to try my best to be more present for all of you. I have a lot of recipes and health posts to share with you all. So sorry if it becomes a little fitness heavy up in here. But if you follow along with me you’ll be thankful in the end.
Love you all! Let’s make this year OUR year!